Before the Home Inspection
* Ask your agent for references.
* Research the inspectors, call them! Learn about their training, certifications and experience. Ask about insurance and any guarantees that the inspector might offer.
* Some lenders require termite inspection. Does the home have additional systems (like pools, spas, or detached buildings) not included in the standard home inspection? Does the home need to be tested for radon? Some inspectors offer ancillary services for an additional fee.
During the Home Inspection
* Attend the inspection! A typical Home Inspection will last between 2-3 hours and it will give you the opportunity to see first hand the condition of your future home. Ask the inspector of any concerns you might have before, or that you observe during the inspection.
* Most inspectors have a routine they follow when conducting inspections in order to cover all areas of the house. Follow the inspector's lead and allow him to conduct the inspection.
After the Home Inspection
* Read your inspection report and call the inspector with any questions you might have concerning the report.
* All home inspections will uncover some kind of issue with the house. Go over the report with your real estate agent for advice on any item that may be contractual obligation of the seller to repair.
* You may need to contact additional qualified contractors for further evaluation of the inspection findings. Always get multiple cost estimates for these services.
Leave a Reply.
Felix Home Inspection
NC Licensed Home Inspector